If you find an item that you would like to borrow, you may reserve it for collection when it is available at the library, archive or museum.
My reservations enables you to view, edit and delete your reservations when you are logged in to Arena.
How to make a reservation
Note that some reservations may incur a fee.
- Find the item you want to reserve (see Searching).
- Click Reserve. Details of the reservation will appear below the item details.
- In Pickup branch select the library branch from which you would like to collect the item.
- In Valid from type the date on which you want the reservation to start. It will default to the current date.
- In Valid to type the date on which you want the reservation to end. The default date will depend on the limits allowed by the library.
- Click Save to save the reservation, or click Cancel to cancel the reservation. When saved, the reservation is added to My Reservations.
How to view my reservations
- Click My Pages in the menu and there click My reservations, or click My reservations in the Login panel. The My Reservations panel will open.
- Click the Sort by arrow to sort the list of reservations in your preferred order.
How to view a family member's reservations
Applies if Family ticket is supported and you have the permission to watch other persons' reservations.
A dropdown is shown on the My reservations page; select which person's reservations to show.
My reservations toolbar
Above the list of reservations is a toolbar at which you may do one of the following:
- Click Send to e-mail the list to a recipient. You must have at least one reservation selected.
- Click Print to print the list. You must have at least one reservation selected.
- Click Download to download the list. You must have at least one reservation selected.
- Click Select all to select all reservations.
- Click Unselect all to unselect all reservations.
- Click Remove to remove the reservation.
How to change a reservation
- View My Reservations.
- Click Edit for the reservation that you want to change.
- In Pickup branch select the branch from which you would like to collect the item.
- In Valid from type the date on which you want the reservation to start.
- In Valid to type the date on which you want the reservation to end.
- Click Save to save the changes, or click Cancel to cancel the changes.
How to remove a reservation
- View My Reservations.
- Tick the box next to the record title(s) that you want to remove.
- Click Remove in the reservation toolbar.
Some libraries, archives and museums operate a self-service reservation service. This enables library, archive and museum members to arrange reservations, and later collect and return the reserved item without involving staff directly.
When you make a reservation, a pickup number is assigned to the item. This number appears in the reservation details shown in Arena. When the item that you have reserved is available for pickup, staff will place the item on the reservation pickup shelf (usually within the library), where you may find and pick up the item. The item will be labelled with the pickup number, so that you pick up the correct item.
How to process a self-service reservation
- Make the reservation.
- View the reservation, to check that the reserved item is ready for collection. Also locate the pickup number for the reservation.
- Go to the reservation pickup shelf at the library.
- Find the item, which will be labelled with the pickup number.
- Go to a self-service kiosk.
- At the self-service kiosk, issue the item to yourself.
- At a convenient time before the loan period expires, discharge the loaned item at a self-service kiosk, or take it to the library, archive or museum front desk to discharge it.